Sunday, February 14, 2010

Skiing at Røldal and a Weekend in London...



Hi All! I have had a busy couple of weeks. I went skiing with some new friends from work and visited Matt in London, then my furniture arrived and I have been unpacking the past week or so.

First here are some pictures from the ski trip to Røldal Ski area about three hours north of Stavanger. ExxonMobil owns several cabins in southern Norway that are available to employees for rental.

Here is the hut!

It snowed about a foot while we were there = POWDER!

From left to right:  Me, Rob, Elena, Nichola, and Thierry.



The ski area is small, and only has one chair lift.  The rest of the lifts are t-bars and poma lifts.  This is why I was on skis, I was nervous about riding the lifts with a snowboard.  Now that I have the hang of it, I will take my snowboard next time.

The view from the top.  The white area to the left of the chair lift, at the base of the mountain across the way, is a frozen lake.

The sun!  And the snow looks like clouds.

We had a great time and my legs were really sore Monday at work :) 
Next up...London!

I went to London for the first time a couple weekends ago, and met up with Matt.  He was on his way to Libya.  We toured around and saw the musical "Wicked".  It was really, really great.
I never knew where this saying came from.
I looked like a total loon taking a picture of this after riding the "Tube".



These pictures are from St. James Park.  The squirrels are scary because they are so friendly/aggressive.

Classic photos that every tourist must take.

Big Ben and the London Eye.  Matt and I didn't think the "eye" was working, but it just goes really slow:)  It takes about 25 min to make one revolution.

Photos from up in the "eye"!
Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament and the bubble next to us on the London Eye near the top.

The National Gallery with paintings from Van Gogh, Monet, Manet, and Picasso to name a few.
Fish and chips and Guinness for lunch at a pub in Covent Garden.

It was a great weekend trip!  It's so weird to be this close to all these glamorous European countries.  I am planning more adventures and I need travel buddies, so come on out!!
I miss you all and I hope this finds you well. 
Happy Valentine's Day!

Love,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. what an exciting and fun time for you! i'm enjoying following your blog and photos, and looking forward to your next post. :)

    ReplyDelete